There’s been a lot of celebrating here at Casa de Santillan. Son #2 turned 18 and my husband and I just celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary. While searching for cake recipes to help celebrate these milestones I ran across this recipe for Watermelon Cupcakes on the bakerette.com site. I thought these adorable cupcakes would be perfect for a spring or summer birthday celebration and decided to share with our readers.
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake tins with cupcake liners.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the milk, water, oil, eggs, and vanilla with an electric beater on medium speed.
- Add food coloring to make a pink watermelon color. I used red food coloring with a small amount of yellow.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pour batter into prepared cupcake tins about 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes. Allow to cool completely using your favorite buttercream frosting. Add green food coloring to the frosting.
Be sure to check out the other crafts and recipes on bakerette.com.
Writing on the Sidewalk