Happy last day of 2013!
This has been a whirlwind of a year for me – but a really great year, writing-wise! When I think about where I was last January and where I am now, I am once again amazed and grateful.
And now, for 13 books from 2013! These are books that have touched me deeply somehow and have stayed with me. (Not all were published this year.) I jotted down the list off the top of my head, and then double-checked my goodreads* list and yep, these are the 13 that rise to the top of my brain. I’m including links to posts for the books I’ve previously mulled on here. [PB=Picture Book, MG=Middle Grade, YA=Young Adult]
In no particular order:
- THE MIDNIGHT DRESS by Karen Foxlee (YA)
- CHARM & STRANGE by Stephanie Kuehn (YA)
- COUNTING BY 7s by Holly Goldberg Sloan (MG)
- 17 & GONE by Nova Ren Suma (YA)
- ASK THE PASSENGERS by A.S. King (YA)
- THE WHOLE STUPID WAY WE ARE by N. Griffin (YA)
- WILD AWAKE by Hilary T. Smith (YA)
- SURE SIGNS OF CRAZY by Karen Harrington (MG)
- THE SPECTACULAR NOW by Tim Tharp (YA)
- IF YOU WANT TO SEE A WHALE by Julie Fogliano (PB)
- ELEANOR & PARK by Rainbow Rowell (YA)
- THIS SONG WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE by Leila Sales
- THE WEIGHT OF A HUMAN HEART by Ryan O’Neill ~ an inventive short story collection written for adults. **If you’d like to have your heart broken in less than 900 words, read this story by the same author. **
Looking forward to getting back to blogging in 2014!
*Regarding goodreads, my novel MY BEST EVERYTHING has been updated there – feel free to add it to your “want to read” list!
WRITING ON THE SIDEWALK