It’s here – and I’m a few days late, but Happy New Year!
I always resist making resolutions. Instead of making me feel hopeful and motivated, they serve to remind me all the ways I’m not where I’d like to be.
And now I’m suddenly feeling anti-New Year post, too.
Instead… here’s a spontaneous collection of small moments I remember from books read this year. The magic is in the details…
- The reason Doug Swieteck doesn’t want to take his shirt off in gym class. (Okay for Now)
- The family Ellen Foster picked out. (Ellen Foster)
- Being achingly curious with both Dash and Lily. (Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares)
- Rat snuggling in to sleep. (Trash)
- The wooden heart Sam made for Emily. (I’ll Be There)
- Being terrified for Cat on her own couch. (Shine)
- Falling in love with Etienne St. Clair even though I barely liked him. (Anna and the French Kiss)
- Having the biggest literary crush of my life on Eldric. (Chime)
- Wishing Tamara could be friends with Gilly Hopkins. (Neil Armstrong is My Uncle and Other Lies Muscle Man McGinty Told Me)
Here’s to many more excellent books in 2012!
Sarah Wones Tomp
WRITING ON THE SIDEWALK