What does it take to get published today?
Author Bruce Hale is conducting a tele-seminar with agent Donald Maass to discuss this topic this week. Donald will share information from his book, The Breakout Novelist: Craft and Strategies for Career Fiction Writers. As an agent for multiple New York Times bestsellers, he possesses a unique inside perspective on what it takes to get published and succeed in a big way.
The one-hour interview, will cover:
- The number-one story mistake that unpublished writers make;
- How the changing climate of publishing affects your chances of getting published;
- How to add “micro-tension” to your story to hook editors;
- Submission mistakes that can torpedo your story’s chances;
- How to make your story world so fresh that editors can’t resist;
- Tips for crafting characters that jump from the page, and more!
Time: 12 noon Pacific/2 p.m. Central/3 p.m. Eastern
Duration: 1 hour