The publishing industry is changing faster than ever before. It’s important for an author to try and keep informed as much as possible. I have compiled a list of 5 sites that I feel will help you keep abreast of this rapidly changing field:
1. Publishers Lunch- Publishers Lunch is the industry’s “daily essential read,” now shared with more than 40,000 publishing people every day. Each report gathers together stories from all over the web and print of interest to the professional trade book community, along with original reporting, plus a little perspective and the occasional wisecrack added in.
2. Galleycat- Galleycat describes itself as “The First Word on the Book Publishing Industry.”
3. Jane Friedman’s Blog- Jane always has some great insights in the recent news and developments in the industry.
4. Publishers Weekly- Targeted at publishers, booksellers, librarians, literary agents, authors and the media, PW offers feature articles and news on all aspects of the book business, bestsellers lists in a number of categories, and industry statistics.
5. The Horn Book- Reviews of children’s books, articles and interviews of authors and illustrators.
This is just a partial list. You may know of another site or publication that is also helpful. If you do, please let me know. I would love to add them to my list.